In the times of darkness I used to be desperate. I could not wait anymore for my own happy end.
I thought that it will never get better.
Thanks to my medicine, which harmonized my mood, I could not feel any emotions. Literary none. No anger, no sadness, no real laughter, no feeling like love. Therefore I decided that the mood stabilizers will not be taken anymore. I told my psychiatrist that I wanna stop forever. He said it is dangerous for me... but I had no fear (oh yeah, no emotions = no fear!).
I dropped my medicine very slowly. I came to my psychiatrist and told him that I've already stopped. I gave him no other chance than to let me be myself.
Since this time my life started to improve. I can feel now. What a nice change!
From practical point of view I have many activities. I travel, I work hard, I am active in patient movement for the transformation of czech psychiatric care, I adore my boyfriend, I am sociable.
I feel like I finally LIVE.
Nothing compares to the feeling when the heart is touched.

No comments:
Post a Comment